Monday 10 March 2008

A Quick Post...

Music is the medicine of the breaking heart. ~Leigh Hunt


A very quick mini post as I have just found out that Alex Turner, from Arctic Monkeys, and Miles Kane, from the Little Flames and The Rascals, have a side project. Well, I had heard about it a fair while back, but I sort of forgot until I heard that they now have an album recorded, a name and a single with a video online.
They are called The Last Shadow Puppets, which I quite like though it sounds a bit pretentious for some reason, and the album is called 'The Age of the Understatement' and is due out April 21st here in the UK. The single is also called 'The Age of the Understatement' and is out on April 14th, though the link below leads to the band's website where you can view the video and hear the song. The video is not bad but seems overly grandiose and could be viewed as annoying rather than clever. However, the song sounds quite good, in an Arctic Monkeys kicks it up a notch way. I think I need a few more listens and choose to hold judgment on how well this venture will go...though I cross my fingers for Alex as he's always seemed like a nice boy with nice clothes and hair....

The Last Shadow Puppets - 'The Age of the Understatement'

Go give it a listen and see how you like this new offshoot of the indie...

xxx

No comments: